The Police Diversion Scheme allows for some first time offenders who have been charged with a minor offence to be dealt with in an 'out of Court' way. The offender will need to pay a penalty (often a donation to a particular charity) or undertake other activities as set by the police this can be things such as writing a letter of apology or doing some type of community work.   If the offender completes the requirements set down by the police the Prosecutor can seek to have the charge withdrawn and no conviction will be imposed.  



       Home              About Us            Services              FAQ                 Contact Us               Links

Text Box: Next
Text Box: Previous
Text Box: Index